How Do I Know When It's Time?
Some of the most common indicators of a diminished quality of life include:
- Having more bad days than good days
- Decreases in appetite or water consumption
- Progressive weight loss
- Diarrhea or vomiting that does not respond to medical management
- Difficulty standing and walking or can’t stand up at all
- Spends most of the day sleeping
- Lack of interest in playing or interacting with the family
Is Pet Euthanasia Painful or Stressful for Dogs and Cats?
Our highest priority is to make sure that your companion passes peacefully and smoothly during the procedure. The euthanasia process is carefully performed and sedation can be provided to your pet in order to reduce any stress or anxiety. The act of euthanasia is quick and painless. You can spend as much time as you need with your pet before and after the euthanasia.
For information about cremation and other after care options, please call our hospital at (248) 689-8899.